Spicy Vegan Black Bean Burger
This delicious treat is sure to rock your mouth. I love this recipe for a hearty meal and it is perfect for these hot summer nights! I have been working with this recipe since my friend Erin Rogers cooked it for me in 2009 and have been tweaking it for awhile now. I think it has finally reached the point of unstoppable!! Tell me what you think!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup roasted organic corn
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine all ingredients (except for the oats) into to a food processor or blender.
- Add in oats to the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Form tightly packed flat burger patties that will cook easily.
- Bake for 8-16 min until tops are browned.
- Flip patties over and broil other side until brown.
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Sliced Avocado
- Sliced Red Onion
- Heirloom Tomato
- Lettuce (Bibb or Romaine)
Eat on top of a bed of lettuce or use gluten free buns!
Please choose organic whenever possible.
Happy Eating! xoxo -Jennifer