Vegan Oatmeal Rasin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Warning….These are the MOST delicious cookies!
I found this delicious recipe on http://www.cookiemadness.net and added my own twist…If there is a cookie monster in your house, like there is in mine, I highly recommend that you double or even tripple this recipe. I promise they won’t last but a few hours. I am happy to share my joyful discovery with all of you! As always, purchase organic whenever possible for optimal health!
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (3.25 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 scant teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (3 ½ oz)
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup applesauce, drained on a paper towel (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins, plumped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix both sugars, maple syrup, apple sauce, oil and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats, followed by raisins.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls or handfulls onto the cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for about 5-8 minutes on cookie sheets then carefully scoop up onto a wire rack.